Who we serve-
Students and young members of the workforce who want to learn how to think like an entrepreneur. The course offers age appropriate material for students from 6th grade through college years.
Program sponsors include Digital Schools, Higher-Ed institutions, Workforce Development programs including Career Technology Education programs (CTE), Governmental Intermediate Units (IUs) and Educational Service Agencies (ESAs)
What we provide-
An online learning experience that develops vital skills needed to demonstrate an ability to add value to an organization. BuildEd provides the curriculum, teacher training, access to mentors and the deployment assistance you need to ensure your target population gets the skills they need.
Skill training includes:
- Critical thinking
- Idea generation
- Market Analysis
- Importance of being a “value adder” to your employer
- How to advance your ideas
- Market analysis tools to evaluate the merits of business ideas
- Appreciation for the changing nature of today’s jobs and the importance of “becoming your own CEO.”
How it works:
Online classes include video lessons, worksheets, note taking and key questions to reinforce that the lessons have been understood.
(Screenshot of the product superimposed on a computer/laptop screen)
BuildEd provides entrepreneurs with the skills necessary to evaluate their business idea, research a market, study customer requirements and to test their assumptions on why a new innovation may become a commercial success. Along the way, students are learning valuable skills and seeing first-hand the importance of research, writing, math and language arts.
- BuildEd was founded by a “frustrated” student who struggled with school but persevered to eventually launch business, graduate from a graduate business program and launch the World Series of Entrepreneurship. Using lessons learned first-hand, Mark Greenberg developed a program to kickstart other students and to give them the skills needed to compete in today’s workplace.
Outcomes you can expect for participants:
- Increased self-confidence
- Improved ability to launch a business idea
- Greater ability to add value to future employers
- Improved communication skills
- Critical thinking and better ability to perform “knowledge work.”
Participation in a World Series of Entrepreneurship event:
For students that want to develop and test a business concept, they can participate in the World Series of Entrepreneurship